"The big print giveth and the small print taketh away."Tom Waits
terms and conditions
It sometimes feels like that doesn't it? Experience has taught us we have to write everything down in pretty exact detail in the fine print so we can be clear with everyone who uses the service what is, and what isn't acceptable to us.
Our terms and conditions have been written in a way that hopefully 'normal people' (no offence, lawyers!) can understand - but below are the headlines of what you are agreeing to when you use our service:
- Don't try and play our pricing system to get more out of it than we think is fair use - our accounts are set up to be on a 'per business' basis - which means if you try and re-sell our service to other businesses using only one YCBM account we won't be happy.
- We promise to work our little British stripy socks off to keep the service up and running nearly all of the time - we have systems in place like back-ups and alternative service providers just in case one of our 3rd party providers has a problem (with things like sending out emails or SMS).
But we can't promise the impossible. We're hard workers, but alas; not miracle workers. So if you can't connect to your YCBM for any period of time, do let us know right away, but please don't shout at us - we'll get things back up and running as soon as we possibly can.
If you have any questions at all about the rest of this - please email me, Bridget Harris (the CEO) at firstname.lastname@example.org
YouCanBookMe Limited Terms and Conditions Policy
These Terms and Conditions govern your use of this website, www.youcanbook.me (the "Site"), your use of the booking service offered through the Site ("Service") and your relationship with YouCanBookMe Limited ("we", "us" or "YouCanBook.Me"). Please read these terms carefully as they affect your rights and liabilities under the law.
If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not use the Service or the Site, or register as a member.
Please also see our Privacy and Data Protection Policy for information about how we collect and use your personal data.
- This Site provides access to an online scheduling and booking system, which is available to the public for personal and enterprise use, which provides its registered members with a scheduling and booking platform for appointments and meetings.
- These terms will apply to subscribers, registered members and to those who simply view the Site ("you").
- By using the Site and the Service, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions in full.
- You are responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Site or the Service through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and Conditions, and that they comply with them.
- If you are accepting these Terms and Conditions on behalf of an enterprise, organisation or business then you agree and accept that these Terms and Conditions will be binding on all personnel who use the Service or the Site on behalf of that enterprise, organisation or business.
- Please note that these terms and conditions may be amended from time to time. Notification of any changes will be made by us posting new terms onto the Site. In continuing to use the Service you confirm that you accept the then current terms and conditions in full at the time you use the Service. If you do not accept terms and conditions which we have varied then you must cancel your registration or subscription within 30 days of such change being made and the previous terms will continue to apply pending termination. If you continue to use the Service without notifying us of your objections within 30 days you will be deemed to have accepted the varied Terms and Conditions.
- You can view the Site without registration and you can make bookings with our registered and subscribed members without registration.
- If you wish to access the Service for the purpose of scheduling appointments or meetings then you will be required to register with us and open an account.
- When you register as a member we will ask for some of your personal information. Any personal information you provide us with will be handled in accordance with our Privacy and Data Protection Policy which can be seen here.
- If you register to use the Site as a member you have the option of creating a password. In order to prevent fraud, you must keep this password confidential and must not disclose it or share it with anyone. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password you should notify us by contacting email@example.com immediately.
- Alternatively you can gain authorised access to your account by first logging into another service that we partner with, such as Google. In order to prevent fraud, you must keep all passwords and other access details for these third party services confidential and must not disclose them or share them with anyone. If you suspect anyone has access to any of your third party services that we link to, you should notify us by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
- If we have reason to believe that there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the Service or the Site through your account or the use of your password or unauthorised access to one of your third party services that we link to, we may require you to change your passwords on our system and with your other suppliers, or we may suspend your account. Until you have changed all your passwords or we have reactivated your account you will not be able to access the Service.
- You agree that all information that you supply to us will be accurate, complete and kept up to date at all times. We may use the information provided to us to contact you.
- We do allow for more than one membership (for instance if you have more than one business) but you are not entitled to impersonate anybody else or otherwise provide misleading information in operating an account.
- We reserve the right the cancel your membership at any time and for any reason.
- Certain functionality or facilities may only be available to registered members who have agreed to subscribe to the Site and Service ("Subscribers").
- When you agree to subscribe you will choose a subscription type and a subscription period. We offer different types of subscription with different levels of service and functionality available for each subscription type. We may also offer different subscription periods and we may allow you to subscribe monthly, annually or on some other periodic basis.
- We currently offer standard and tiered subscriptions on either a monthly or an annual basis. Please note that we reserve the right to add or remove services and functionality from any subscription type or to add or remove subscription types. We also reserve the right to change our subscription periods. When we change our subscription types or subscription periods you will be entitled to keep your existing subscription until the end of your then-current subscription period and at the end of that period you will be required to subscribe on the new basis.
- We may (at our sole discretion and for such time period as we may determine) allow you to maintain a previous subscription type after a change has been implemented (referred to as a "grandfather right"). This grandfather right will only apply until such time as you cancel your account or allow your account to lapse and you may not recover the grandfather right after such cancellation or lapse. If we have allowed you to benefit from a grandfather right then we may at any time notify you that the grandfather right will terminate on a given date. However we agree that such termination of a grandfather right will be effective from the end of a subscription period.
- We may offer a free trial period during which we allow you, for a limited period, to access functionality which is usually only available to subscribers. Once a trial period ends if you do not take out a subscription we reserve the right to withdraw your access to the Service. We may, at our sole discretion, extend any trial period.
- Account Restrictions
- You may not use your YouCanBook.Me account or subscription to licence, distribute, resell or package our services to any third party whether directly or indirectly and you may not use YouCanBook.Me in any way to facilitate or provide any similar service to any third party.
- Each YouCanBook.Me subscription may be used to process bookings for just one organisation or trading entity. While you may process bookings for different teams or departments within your organisation, you may not use the Service to process any bookings for anyone outside of your organisation. We define an "Organisation" to be a single legal entity in a single territory (for instance a limited company or limited liability corporation, partnership or association, but an overseas branch of that entity would be a separate Organisation).
- You may not in any circumstances use a single YouCanBook.Me subscription or account to facilitate bookings for more than one organisation.
- If you provide a service to third party businesses or organisations (referred to as your "Clients") and, as part of the services you offer you wish to set up or facilitate the provision our Service on your Client's behalf (e.g. you configure our Service as part of a bundle of other services) then you are only entitled to do so as the duly authorised agent for that Client. You must set up a separate YouCanBook.Me account for each of your Clients and you may not aggregate or combine more than one Client in any account. You also agree that, by accepting these terms and conditions you have the authority to bind your Clients to these terms and conditions.
- Where you are administering a YouCanBook.Me account on behalf of your Clients as their duly authorised agent we may (at our sole discretion) provide additional tools to aggregate or link the different accounts together (e.g. an administration console). Please note that these arrangements will be purely to assist you in your role as duly authorised agent for your Client.
- The restrictions in this clause 4 and otherwise in these terms and conditions apply to all subscription levels, including Business accounts.
- Please note that certain subscription levels will allow for a limited number of separate accounts to be linked to one master administrator subscription holder and for all of the accounts under that subscription to benefit from certain upgraded features. The applicable email addresses in respect of all accounts which we agree to link to a single subscription in this way must be part of the same internet domain (i.e. identified by email addresses that end with same text after the @ symbol).
- Please note that if you subscribe to any subscription type which allows for accounts to be linked then you, as the subscription holder, will be responsible and liable for all activity in respect of each of those accounts and you agree to ensure that any personnel accessing or using those accounts will comply with these terms and conditions.
- Scheduling and Bookings
- The Service operates by linking with a third party calendar account (e.g. Google Calendar) and communicating with you by email. In order to use the Service you will need both a third party calendar account which is supported by YouCanBook.Me and an email account. In order to ensure that the Service provides an accurate and effective tool both accounts will need to be active and monitored regularly.
- In order to allow for bookings to be made using the Service you must provide a link to one of your YouCanBook.Me booking grids to your prospective customer or appointment/ meeting attendee (who we will refer to as the "Customer" for convenience in these terms). You can provide or make available your booking grids to a Customer either by sending a URL (e.g. by email) or embedding the Profile into a separate webpage.
- The Service will take availability information from your third party calendar account and display that information to the Customer, the Customer can then select an appointment time from a live calendar application on the Site.
- You can opt to automatically confirm the booking, or you can notify the Customer whether you wish to accept or reject the time proposed. You can opt to send the Customer confirmation, reminder and follow up emails.
- Please note our system sends emails on your behalf using a third party provider in order to maintain a high reputation with ISPs for transactional email management. However, we cannot guarantee that emails will not occasional be blocked by spam filters, bounced or in some other way not be delivered.
- Enhanced services we may offer include the ability to allow the Customer to complete a booking form, provide other information in advance of the booking and make payment, in order to complete the booking.
- Please note that the Service is automated. The Service will make the availability data in the third party calendar account which is linked with your YouCanBook.Me account available to Customers without any external verification. We are not responsible or liable for either the accuracy of the information in the third party calendar account or for your failure to monitor your email account to receive requests for bookings. When you confirm a booking using the Service we will update the third party calendar account automatically.
- Acceptable Use Policy
- The Service and Site are provided for legitimate and ethical business, charitable, professional and social purposes. You must not use the Service or the Site for any illegal, unethical or immoral purposes. We reserve the right to remove any account at our discretion at any time, without giving reasons if we suspect that an account is being operated in breach of our acceptable use policy which is set out in clauses 6, 7 and 8.
- We grant you a limited licence to access and make personal use of the Site and the Service, but not to download (other than page caching) or modify the Site or any software which we use to operate the Service, or any portion of it, except with our express written consent.
- You agree that you will not:
- solicit log-in information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- bully, intimidate, or harass any user of the Site or the Service.
- do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory using the Service or the Site.
- use the Service or the Site in the course of promoting or conducting any business or service which is, in our opinion, illegal, offensive, which may cause financial, emotional or psychological damage or harm.
- do anything to suggest, express or imply that statements made by you are endorsed by us.
- impersonate any other person whether or not that other person is a user of the Site or the Service.
- The Service allows for certain subscribers to create content to be distributed by the Service, for instance certain users may customise the booking form for their account or the email communications sent to Customers by the Service. Any content which is distributed by the Service or which you integrate with the Service (for instance by placing a YouCanBook.Me hyperlink within your own content), which we refer to as "Content" in these terms must comply with our content standards, which are set out below:
- You agree that any Content which will be integrated with the Service or distributed by the Service will be your own creation or will be Content which you are entitled to use and will not be used in breach of any intellectual property rights;
- Any Content will be your personal responsibility. You will be personally liable for all claims relating to defamation, breach of intellectual property, privacy or any other claim arising from your Content.
- You agree that we are not responsible for the Content you create and you agree to assume responsibility for any claim we receive which relates to defamation, breach of intellectual property, privacy or any other claim arising from your Content.
- You agree that you will not publish any offensive, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, fraudulent or illegal Content.
- In particular you agree not to use the Site or the Service to distribute any Content or promote any business or activity which:
By creating or integrating your Content with the Service you agree that we will be entitled to use such Content for the purposes of delivering the Service. We reserve the right to remove any Content at any time and for any reason.Viruses, hacking and other offences
- promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses any person or advocates harassment of any person;
- displays or promotes pornographic or sexually explicit material of any kind;
- does anything or promotes any conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
- is illegal, infringes intellectual property rights, defames any person, breaches confidentiality or promotes any illegal activities;
- promotes illegal or unauthorized copying of another person's copyright work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- provides instruction information about illegal activities, such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone else's privacy or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personally identifying information from other users for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters" or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
- promotes information that you know to be false or misleading;
- contains personal information e.g. names or contact details; or
- engages in commercial activities and/or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising and pyramid schemes.
- You agree not to upload any files or post, distribute publish any files on the Site or using the Service that contain viruses, corrupted files, or malicious code or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
- You must not misuse our Site or the Service by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site or the Service, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site or Service. You must not attack our Site or the Service via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
- By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your membership and right to use our Site will cease immediately.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by viruses, a distributed denial-of-service attack or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or the Service or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
- Although we aim to offer you the best service possible, we make no promise that our Service will meet your requirements. We cannot guarantee that the Service will be fault-free. If a fault occurs with the Site or the Service you should report it to email@example.com and we will attempt to correct the fault as soon as we reasonably can.
- Your access to the Service may be occasionally restricted or interrupted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services or because we are unable to offer the Service for reasons beyond our control (such as a denial of service attack). In this event we will attempt to restore the service as soon as we reasonably can. Access to the Site may be restricted whether or not you have registered with us. Any such restrictions or interruptions shall not constitute a breach by us of these terms.
Cancellation and Termination
- We will operate the Site and the Service with the reasonable skill and care of an online service provider. The services provided do not extend to detailed monitoring or supervision of Content, membership of the Site or verification of your availability or booking data.
- Our liability is limited to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- We will not be liable for unavailability of the Service or the Site in accordance with clause 9.
- The Service may allow its members to distribute Content and use the Service without detailed oversight or monitoring. While we put systems in place to allow for users and other third parties to report harassment, improper use of the Service and distribution of offensive, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, fraudulent or illegal Content, we do not make any warranties or guarantees in relation to use of the Service and the Site. If we are legitimately informed of any abuse or infringement of these terms in accordance with clause 14 we will attempt to resolve the matter and we may delete the relevant account and/ or removing inappropriate content as soon as we can.
- We will not be liable for any business, financial, or economic loss nor for any consequential or indirect loss (such as lost reputation, lost profit or lost opportunity) arising as a result of your use of the Site whether such loss is incurred or suffered as a result of our negligence or otherwise. We will not be liable if Content you have posted and stored on the Site is lost, corrupted or damaged.
- We will not be liable to free users of the Service or to users who are Customers who use the Service to make a booking and our liability to subscribers will be limited to a maximum of one month's subscription charges.
- Nothing in these terms will limit our liability for fraud or for death or personal injury caused as a result of our negligence.
- In the event that you have a dispute with any other user of our Service arising from their use of the Service, you agree to pursue such claim or action independently of us, and you release us from all claims, liability and damages arising from any such dispute.
Data Protection Policy
- If you wish to cancel your subscription or membership you should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. On receipt of an email by you to us cancelling your membership then we will delete your account. Alternatively you may cancel your account via your account settings. Please note that cancelling your account will lead to deletion of your data and we will not be able to recover any data deleted after you have cancelled your account.
- We reserve the right to terminate your membership immediately without notice if in our opinion you have breached these terms. In the event of termination, we will delete your account and you will no longer have access to the Service.
- If you have paid for an advance subscription and your account is terminated by you or us we will refund a pro-rata proportion of the advance subscription paid. However we may deduct an administration charge of $20 or one months' subscription charge (whichever is the higher) in respect of our administration costs.
- We request that all personal information that you provide is accurate, current and complete.
- Any information which is collected using the Service (for instance in a booking form) including sensitive and personal information will be held by us in accordance with our Privacy and Data Protection Policy. You are responsible for ensuring that the user has given the appropriate consents.
- All notices sent to you will be sent to the email address provided with your registration details (as updated by you). By accepting these terms you give your consent to receive communications from us by email and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you by email satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- 4. Any personal information that you provide to us in using the Site or as a member will be handled in accordance with our Privacy and Data Protection Policy which can be seen here.
Notice and Take-Down
- By providing Content for distribution by the Service you expressly grant us a royalty-free, irrevocable licence for such period as you use the Service to use such Content in order to deliver the Service to you.
- The format and content of this Site is protected by United Kingdom and international copyright and we reserve all rights in relation to our copyright whether owned or licensed to us and all rights are reserved to any of our registered and unregistered trademarks (whether owned or licensed to us) which appear on this Site.
- This Site or any portion of this Site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without our express written consent. You may not systematically extract and/or re-utilise parts of the contents of the Site without our express written consent. In particular, you may not utilise any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools to extract (whether once or many times) for re-utilisation of any substantial parts of this Site without our express written consent.
- We will make all reasonable efforts to delete accounts which are being used in breach of our terms and conditions and to identify and remove Content that is defamatory or infringing on intellectual property rights when we are notified but we cannot be responsible if you have failed to provide the relevant information.
- In the event that you believe that an account is being used in an inappropriate manner or that any Content which is distributed using the Service is defamatory or infringing on intellectual property rights you should notify us in writing either by email to email@example.com or by post to YouCanBookMe Limited, 38 Mill Street, Bedford MK40 3HD including the following:
Any statement made under this clause 14 may be used in court proceedings.International Use
- Your full name and contact details, including postal address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- The exact URL at which the defamatory or infringing Content appears;
- The Content that you believe is defamatory or infringing on intellectual property rights;
- The reasons that you believe the Content is defamatory or infringing on intellectual property rights;
- A statement confirming that you are authorised to act on behalf of the claimant or rights holders; and
- A signed declaration truth in respect of the information in the notice.
- You shall comply with all foreign and local laws and regulations which apply to your use of our Site in whatever country you are physically located, including without limitation, consumer law, export control laws and regulations.
- These conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. You agree, as we do, to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- If you breach these terms and conditions and we decide to take no action or neglect to do so, then we will still be entitled to take action and enforce our rights and remedies for any other breach.
- We will not be responsible for any breach of these Terms and Conditions caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- We may make reasonable changes to the format of the Site, services provided or to the Site's content at any time without notice.